1. Initial Consultation. We have an initial consultation to discuss the mechanics of forming a LLC (Limited Liability Company). Ideally, you have already met with your CPA who recommended that creating a limited liability company would benefit you from a tax perspective.
2. LLC Information Sheet. Once you retain us, we’ll send you out a LLC information sheet to find out some basic information about your business set up. We’ll answer any questions you may have about this.
3. Initial Documents to Sign. We will prepare the Certificate of Formation and Consent to Serve as Registered Agent for your signature. (A Registered Agent is someone who accepts service of process on the LLC’s behalf.)
4. Secretary of State Filing. Your Certificate of Formation and Consent to Serve as Registered Agent are filed with the Washington Secretary of State’s office. If you choose to expedite this filing, the Secretary of State’s filing fee is $200.00. If you choose not to expedite the filing, the filing fee is $180.00 but the process could take considerably longer.
5. Receipt of Confirmation from Secretary of State’s office. Our office will confirm that your LLC has been formed and obtain your UBI number for Washington tax and identification purposes. At that point, a valid LLC will exist.
6. Instructions and Answers. We will give you a very detailed letter of instruction that explains the mechanics of operating your new limited liability company. We will also be happy to answer any questions you may have, and to help in any way.
7. Follow Up LLC Documents. We will work with you to develop your Operating Agreement as well as documents related to your first LLC meeting. We will also work with your CPA to make sure he or she is aware of the tax provisions in your Operating Agreement, and approves of those provisions.
8. Meeting. We will conduct an initial meeting of the members of your new LLC. Your Operating Agreement will be approved at this time.
9. LLC Minute Book. We will set up your LLC minute book will be set up and mail it to you..
Any questions? Please contact Stacey’s office at email@example.com.
This overview provides general information and not legal advice or opinions on specific facts.