1. Initial Consultation. We have an initial consultation to discuss the mechanics of forming a corporation. Ideally, you have already met with your CPA who recommended that creating a corporation would benefit you from a tax perspective.
2. Corporate Information Sheet. Once you retain us, we’ll send you out a Corporate information sheet to find out some basic information about your business set up. We’ll answer any questions you may have about this.
3. Initial Documents to Sign. We will prepare the Articles of Incorporation and Consent to Serve as Registered Agent for your signature. (A registered agent is someone who accepts service of process on the corporation’s behalf.). This steps also involves the approval of the incorporators.
4. Secretary of State Filing. Your Articles of Incorporation and Consent to Serve as Registered Agent are filed with the Washington Secretary of State’s office. If you choose to expedite this filing, the Secretary of State’s filing fee is $200.00. If you choose not to expedite the filing, the filing fee is $180.00 but the process could take considerably longer.
5. Receipt of Confirmation from Secretary of State’s office. Our office will confirm that your corporation has been formed and obtain your UBI number for Washington tax and identification purposes. At that point, a valid corporation will exist.
6. Instructions and Answers. We will give you a very detailed letter of instruction that explains the mechanics of operating your new corporation. We will also be happy to answer any questions you may have, and to help in any way.
7. Follow Up Corporate Documents. We will work with you to develop Bylaws, Oath of Directors, Stock Certificates, Stock Receipts, Stock Journal and Stock Subscription List, as well as documents related to your first meetings of shareholders and Board of Directors. We will also work with you to develop a Buy Sell Agreement if needed.
8. Meeting. We will conduct an initial meeting of the corporate shareholders and Board of Directors with you.
9. Corporate Minute Book. We will set up your corporate minute book will be set up and mail it to you.
Any questions? Please contact Stacey’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This overview provides general information and not legal advice or opinions on specific facts.